Thursday 5 July 2007

I am good catholic girl and I can tell you that is not easy to became a wellbeing goddess with this kind of background.

For a start we are not encouraged to be well. We should be modest, hard-working, obeying and most of all, no sex before marriage. Mostly because it makes us easier to control by priests. I don’t know why they also insisted on this no-sex thing, but I definitely don’t like it. Maybe they figured that once satisfied girl will not easily get married with a guy that doesn’t have a clue.

It is not like I tick any of the boxes on theirs list, but it still leaves me with a nasty guilt every time I am saying loud: I DESERVE THIS meaning smooth, silky chocolate, new fabulous shoes or a great night out with a breakfast. Well, it actually feels really hard even to write it, I never have so much as whisper that before. But what I am getting at, is I am trying on hundreds pairs of shoes to find the perfect ones FOR THE SEASON before I buy one, so why on earth anybody would expect me to get a husband FOR LIFE without trying it on?

Lesson for today – I am fabulous, gorgeous creature and I deserve all the shoes I want. Shoes are your best friend. They never get too small out of sudden.
As an afterthought, I think you can apply this to guys as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a new pair of shoes. Plus a new female friend with benefits who are has fabulous and charismatic, photogenic like me!

Getting a wife for life, like getting a husband, is like going for interviews, you think this is the one you land and it is something totally else.

Nadia said...

Everybody in need for a new pair of shoes, must be a sign of the century:)
Well, you are right about the interviw thing - it never works out the way you planned it:D

Anonymous said...

Now you've opened up the discussion.

One could say that this has a deeper implication on modern society where rampant consumerism for big ticket items is the focus of individuals who dispense their income instead of more pratical things like shoes.

I am guilty of this 'cause I just bought a new Sony Bravio 42" LCD TV and I still need a new pair of running shoes. Although my work shoes are good shape for the office. :D

I will probaly go as MrCharisma for future comments. ;)

Anonymous said...

I hate typos grrrrrr
it is Sony *BRAVARIA*

Nadia said...

'Rampant consumerism' is supported by big brands, so it is not going to disappear over night, I suppose. But nevertheless I feel my money are invested better in a handbag for a 100£ than in the one for 20£, simply because i would probably have more satisfaction of it and maybe it will last me longer. But it is just maybe when it comes to comparing the 100£ ones to 1000£ ones, simply because I do not believe a handbag should achieve this value, furthermore it wouldn't feel satisfactory at all - I would rather consider it a rip off.
But that's just me. I like to pretend I am rational about shopping :)

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks